Who makes up your 8 to 15 people of peace?
In the Gospels Jesus sends the disciples out to look for people of peace (Mt 10, Lk 9 & 10). As the disciples gave their blessing to people they met, they were to look for people who LIKED them, RECEIVED them, and LISTENED to the message they brought. These people of peace were those the Father was preparing in advance.
As we seek to live as EVERYDAY MISSIONARIES in the places we are planted it is important for us to be in tune with the people of peace in our spheres of influence.
So, Who Are Yours?
- Who LIKES you (in the neighborhood, at work, around town, at your favorite restaurant, etc)?
- Who RECEIVES you (appreciates, recognizes, honors, welcomes)?
- Who LISTENS to the message you bring and the King you represent?
Start a List
Grab a sheet of paper and start writing down your list working systematically through the places you go and groups you are with.
Cover It In Prayer
Commit to pray daily for those on your list. Pray for opportunities to serve them, talk about Jesus with them, invite them into your HOMe Group, and invite them to church with you.
Every move of God is birthed in prayer, so here are some scriptural truths you can pray over your People of Peace. Declare these out loud. Write them down in your journal or Bible. Save the memes in your phone as reminders or screen savers. Cover your People of Peace in prayer.
- Give me the opportunity to interact with ____________ about Jesus. (Eph 6:19-20; Col 4:3-6)
- Father, tear down any walls or barriers that prevent ____________ from coming to know you. (2 Cor 10:4-5)
- May ____________ hear and believe the Word of God. (1 Thess 2:13)
- Father, restrict Satan from blinding ____________ to the truth. (2 Cor 4:4; 2 Tim 2:25-26)
- Father, send your Holy Spirit to draw ____________ to yourself. (Jn 6:44; Jn 16:7-11)
- Father, surround ____________ with other people who will point them to Jesus. (Mt 9:38)